If you have employee bonuses, we will process these separately from your regularly scheduled payroll. To ensure your bonuses receive the time and attention they need, we will process bonus pay runs only on Thursdays and Fridays. The last day to submit bonus info is Friday, December 16th. We are able to process these bonuses through the end of the month, as long as we have received the bonus info by December 16th.
Please email your answers to the following questions when you submit your bonus pay run information:
- What is the check date you will be using?
- Are they a secret?
- Are the amounts you provide to us gross (before taxes) or net (take-home)?
- If net, the company will be covering the employee taxes. Would you like to gross-up for only Social Security and Medicare? Or all taxes including Federal and State? If you don’t include Federal and State, the employee will pay it when their tax return is filed.
- Do any of your bonus recipients contribute to a retirement plan (Simple, 401k)?
- If so, would your employees like to contribute on their bonus checks? **Bonuses are considered “eligible wages” for SIMPLE IRA match purposes. Even if the employee does not want to contribute, Please let us know if you would like us to review this.
- Would you like payments made via direct deposit or live check? If live checks:
- How would you like them delivered? Hold in our office, USPS mail, or Kangaroo delivery?
- Would you like them signed?
- Would you like them in secure envelopes separate from one another?
- Do any of your bonus recipients have Creditor Garnishments? If so, those deductions must come out of bonus checks. Child Support Orders do not need to come out of bonus checks.
- Would you like to review bonus taxation prior to finalizing? Keep in mind large bonuses can place an employee in a higher tax bracket.